The Handling Procedures and Provisions of Foreign Students’ Residence Permits and General Visas
According to the Regulations on Administration of Foreigners in the People’s Republic of China, we hereby, have written the following procedures and provisions for applying foreign students’ residence permits and visas for family members in China, and some relevant materials which need to be prepared by overseas students. Please read the following words carefully:
lThe application materials for the foreign students first time to applythe residence permit
1. Visa and residence permit application form
2. Letter of admission
3. Visa application for study in China (JW201 / JW202 form)
4. Letter of introduction for visa processing (provided by SIE)
5. The Foreigner Physical examination Form (which has been finished before enter in China) or provide the certificate of health examination for international travelers after enter in China.
6. Registration voucher of residence for visitors from overseas (registered and provided by the local police station)
7. Photocopy of passport
8. Two passport photos
lThe application materials for the foreign students postpone the residence permit or visa
2. Letter of introduction for visa processing (provided by SIE)
3. Registration voucher of residence for visitors from overseas (registered and provided by the local police station)
4. Photocopy of passport
5. Two passport photos
lThe application materials for the foreign students’ family members to apply or postpone visas
3. Family relation certification which has been authenticated by the Chinese Overseas Embassy
4. Registration voucher of residence for visitors from overseas (registered and provided by the local police station)
5. Foreign student’s photocopy of passport
6. Family members’ photocopy of passport
7. Two passport photos for each one
lFeesto apply the residence permit and visas
Residence permit fees: 400 RMB
General Visas: different countries and different times of entries and validity have different fees
lProcedures of visa processing
1. The teacher who is in charge of this job will notify the students in advance twenty days to hand in their passports and other materials to the students’ affairs office.
2. The applying materials (including the student’s passport or family members’ passport, photos, the original document of family relation certification, and fees) must submit in advance fifteen days before the valid date of the present visa. The other materials will be finished by the teacher who is in charge of this job.
3. All the applying materials will be sent to the Entry and Exit Administration Bureau of the Public Security Bureau (PSB), Yinchuan in advance five days before the valid date.
4. Normally, the new valid visas or residence permits can be fetched after ten working days.
Notice: If the passport could not be handed in before the valid date or made it invalid by the student himself/herself for individual reasons and the illegal residence case happens, all the consequences will be undertaken by him/her.
Student’s Affairs Office, SIE