Personal Safety Tips
1. The Office of Student Affairs reminds students to avoid drunkenness and alcohol intoxication.
2. If you are not feeling well physically, please seek medical care immediately. If you do not know where to find medical care in Yinchuan, please consult any of the School’s teachers. Pleasedo notavoid or put off getting medical attention because you feel like it will be bothersome.
3. Please keep the School’s “Safety Information Reminders” cardand your passportwith you at all times.
4. If you plan to leave Yinchuan for any amount of time, please notify the Office of Student Affairs to request a leave of absence. While away, please stay in contact with your teachers and classmates.
5. Avoid going out at nighttime and going out alone.
Public Emergency Numbers
Police Department: 110 Fire Department: 119
Traffic Accident Reporting: 122 Emergency First Aid/Medical:120
Safety in Public Areas
1. For dining, lodging, and shopping, please only patronize standard stores and businesses, and always ask for a receipt. Also when hiring a taxi, make sure to ask for a receipt. When leaving a taxi, please check to ensure that you have collected all of your belongings.
2. At bus/train stops and tourist areas where there are many people, take care to guard against theft. Be careful with belongings placed in pockets or in backpacks, as these are easier targets for pickpockets. Wear your backpack in front as a precaution.
3. When riding your bicycle, do not leave your backpack on the rack on the back of your bicycle, to prevent it from being lost or stolen.
4. In classrooms, the cafeteria, or any other public places, keep track of where you place your backpack, mobile phone, wallet, or other possessions. When leaving, make sure to take all of your possessions with you or ask someone you trust to watch your items for you.
5. When using ATM machines, if you sense that there is someone nearby, be careful when entering your PIN. If an error occurs during your ATM transaction, do not leave the ATM machine. Instead, immediately call the corresponding bank's service number:
Agricultural Bank of China: 95599 Industrial and Commercial Bank of China: 95588
Bank of China: 95566 Bank of Ningxia: 96558
China Construction Bank: 95533
1. Use all electrical appliances safely. When leaving your room, turn off all appliances and the electricity.
2. Smoking in your dormitory room is prohibited. Properly dispose of all cigarette butts.
3. Bringing any flammable, explosive, or poisonous items into the dormitory is prohibited.
4. If you discover a fire, report it immediately by dialing 119. If you are able to put out the fire safely (for example, by using the fire hydrant or other effective means), use these means to deal with the source of the fire.
Traffic Safety and Accident Prevention
1. Obey all traffic laws and pay attention to safety.
2. When parking your bicycle, do so in properly designated areas.
3. When riding your bicycle on campus, do so properly. Do not chase or pursue other bicycles at high speed.
4. When crossing the street, use crosswalks. Do not ride you bicycle opposite the direction of traffic.
5. No legitimate Chinese driver’s license , can’t drive a motor vehicle (car, motor and so on).
6. Do not drive a car or ride your bicycle after drinking alcohol, in order to prevent traffic accidents from occurring.
Precaution Against Being Swindled
1. Do not give your passport, student identification card, cafeteria card, or other personal identification items to anyone. This will save you from a lot of hassle later.
2. Do not give out your personal information (including address, mobile phone number, etc.) to people you do not know. This will protect you from being taken advantage of later.
3. Do not blindly trust strangers, and especially do not lend or give money to people you do not know.
4. Do not blindly trust messages that you may receive over the internet or on your mobile phone.